Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Starting Up

So, I was doing well with running.  Running 5K a couple of times a week.  Then about two weeks ago I decided to stop!  Why?  About three weeks ago, out of the blue, things just seemed harder.  Running was awful, it took every bit of energy I had to keep going to get to the 1 mile mark, never mind 3.1 miles!  And I was slower.  What was going on?  So I tried again, same thing, and somewhere in that week I just stopped.  Now I'm mad at myself, but not mad enough to get motivated to start running again.  I must be crazy!  I was doing so well, and then a couple of bad runs and I stop - I guess that is sort of the story of all of my running adventures.  Hence why I have never been a runner, long term.  BUT NOT THIS TIME!  I have a Triathlon to train for.  Next week.  Monday, May 3rd it is ON LIKE DONKEY KONG, for the next 12 weeks.  No turning back now!

1 comment:

  1. You should try running somewhere different...I was so unmotivated a few weeks ago but then when I went to San Diego the terrain was different I started running down hill then it flattened out and I finished with the hill it was fun because it was a different. Maybe you could find a trail or something so you have something different to look at...and it is SO ON MONDAY!

    ReplyDelete